Sunday, May 8, 2011

HOLY TOLEDO

ONE OF THE COOLEST CITIES EVER. I reeaaalllly enjoyed this place. As you can see from the above view, this town is full of little alleys and tight streets. This also is the home of La Iglesia de Los Jesuitas and a lot of synagogues (man that word was hard to spell) that had been utilized by Muslims and Christians.

I felt like I could not take enough pictures to do it justice because where ever you looked was a colorful wall or a picturesque alleyway. I was having a hay day. I really loved walking through the town. This was also the town I did my presentation on for the prep course for the Study Abroad.

Toledo is know for their marzipan, which we tried and loved. It taste like sweet bread dough that is almost cooked all the way through. Not quite the same as Mexican marzipan.

We saw La Iglesia de Los Jesuitas (which I was looking forward to):
It cost 2 euros to enter and climb the tower. We almost didn't go because it wasn't free, but after we got to the top we did not regret spending a single euro...totally worth it.
(this picture is taken from behind the fencing, you could walk out on the platform where there wasn't fencing, which I did, I just liked this picture the best)

We were sad to leave because we felt like we barely saw the city, but it was getting late and we needed to get back. We only had gone for the day but it was SO cool to be able to go and get to see what we did. Increíble

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Fantastic pictures! I wanna see more! Keep having lots of fun!
We miss you! (: