I've started my path to a medical career (hopefully), but first I had to leave home. It was a little more tough this time.
Me and my friends have been close since kindergarten and some since 4th grade. We made a slide show to watch before all of us split up (which mom and dad got to see). I have it on my ipod if you guys want to see it sometime. It was very sad.
It made me realize we have all be so close since we were little, and then i saw the pictures of us in our caps and gowns (most ridiculous looking outfit in the world), and it hit me that things were changing and it got me pretty sad.
I wont see forrest kennedy for 2 and a half years. he leaves on his mission before my grand canyon hike and then I'll see him christmas of 2010.
Despite the rough goodbye, I couldnt be happier with where I am now. In order to grow up I needed to get away.

this is our pose called "LOL"...laugh out loud. You can see why. Taylor was the only one doing it right. I was trying hard.

I usually make it a goal to ruin pictures...forrest beat me to it.

Our group over the last 18 years...watching the slide show. friends and family...our version of were's waldo...but its easy cause im in a striped shirt. but here's the game...find mom :) (hint: there are 5 moms)
our fun group. from left to right. the brown kid is fernando: ASU. then Jake: BYU/Salt lake center, Forrest: tacoma Washington, The blonde is Michael Tejadas girlfriend Kimmy: SDSU. then my head. then the other brown kid is Michael: Stanford. the chinese kid up front is Bryan lee (aka Bing Bong): U of A. Up top is Stephan: ASU. Below him is Taylor: BYU (he made the lacrosse team...of course). then theres matt in the white: ASU (roommates with stephan). On his chest is his girlfriend Ali: still in Highschool. Then the hairy kid in the back is Brian: he moved to Newyork begining of senior year, then to north carolina...he is now roommates with Alex fogle (not pictured cause he was breaking up with his girlfriend courtney) at ASU. Then Rude (pronounced roo-day) and Maddie, both in high school. Maddie is in red.
Every last second. Minutes before taylor left, the first one to really leave. Again...I try to ruin pictures, even when forrest doesnt.
There will be more pictures when I upload the ones I took at home.
"Youve done enough and if you fail well then you fail but not to us cause these last three years, i know theyve been hard but now its time to get out of the desert and into the sun even if its alone.
so now here i sit, in a hotel loft off Sunset, my thoughts bounce off of sams guitar and thats the way its been, ever since we were kids but now, now weve got Something to prove and i, i can see there eyes but tell me something, can they see mine cause whats left to lose"
"Well i made my way back down to the valley, right on past 83rd street that's where we once belonged, but im gone i swear im Long gone
So give it up, throw your hats in the air and change just as they land. youre saying "we'll get out of here"
But something tells me your'e too scared to go so the stairs that you could climb are the ones youve left behind and your Eyes light up when we talk about the past
god i miss those songs we used to sing, talking like getting away would be the Greatest thing
Well me, i got out, and you kept singing to me like that's really going to set this free"
2 comments:
You are so blessed to have had such good friends in HS. Your blog even made me sad. I'd love to see your video. Can you send it or do I have to wait until October? I miss you kid!
Oh, your post is so heartwarming, it even made me kind of miss highschool, seriously!!! The Format song is a nice touch! That's crazy you won't see Forrest until 2010! I promise every day gets even cooler, better funner from here on out. Especially when you get married and have little baby Stans (and Noelles.)
P.s. I wanna see your slide show.
Post a Comment